Taking That Last Blast Vacation Week?
Maybe you saved a vacation week for this week going into the Labor Day Weekend. And as you prepare for that road trip, here are a few things that have changed over the years.
I recall car trips with my family when I was a kid, and things were quite different way back when. Here are a few things that we used to deal with that you won't have to:
1. Whether an out-of-town gas station will be open on a Sunday
2. Whether you can find a pay phone in case of car trouble
3. Trying to figure out a map that doesn't have some of those side roads you're traveling on at the moment
4. Trying to find the right change for the Thruway toll booth
5. Hoping wax paper wrappings from the car-packed sandwiches don't blow out the open car windows, as there's no air conditioning.
(By the way, that old gas station photo is even a little before my time...really)!
Well even though we're now in a 24/7, 365 day-a-year world with mapquest, GPS units, EZ-Pass and cell phones, one thing hasn't changed on road trips...the kids in the back seat asking, "Are we there yet"?