A Run We Can All Do a Half K With Pretzels and Beer
There seems to be some kind of run every week in Central New York. The Boilermaker, Mud Run, Spartan Run, and now finally one where we can all participate, 1/2k. You read that right, 1/2k, about 500 yards.
It's officially known as the .5k Run To Octoberfest. It starts at the back of the Saranac Brewery, at the famed Boilermaker finish line, and ends in the Brewery's Courtyard. Still sound too far? Don't worry there's a break in the middle for a pretzel and cider.
The tongue-in-cheek race is Saturday, September 28 and your $25 entry fee benefits the United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica Area. Entry fees get you in the race, entry into the post-race party at Saranac Octoberfest, 1 free beverage, swag bag, and a 1/2k sticker to proudly display your commitment to running. There also prizes for best individual and team outfits.
Register online (has to be completed by noon 9/20), or on the day of the race between 10 and 10:59 a.m., race starts promptly at 11. Just want to hang with the athletes without running? Doors to Saranac Octoberfest open at noon, entry is just $5. Get more info at the United Way's website.
- Cayo Industrial Has New Home, New Attraction for Halloween
- Rome Woman Mows Down Cancer with Yard Ribbon Honoring Survivors
- Halloween Bar Crawls Coming to Central New York
- Interactive 2019 Fall Foliage Map
- Take a Chilling Ride on the Haunted Adirondack Railroad
- Farmer's Almanac Predicts Polar Coaster Winter with Memorable Storm in CNY