Eat Away The Winter Blahs, Naturally
When the holidays are over, temperatures drop, the snow falls, and there isn’t enough daylight, the winter blahs can set in. We at Big Frog 104 will do what we can to chase those blahs away.
According to livelighter.org, the blahs can bring you down, but there are some things you can do with your diet that might help.
According to “The Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 4th edition”:
1. Eat a diet that includes plenty of raw vegetables and fruits, with soybeans and soy products, whole grains, seeds, nuts, brown rice, millet, and legumes.
2. If you’re anxious, eat more complex carbohydrates. If you’d like more energy, eat protein meals containing essential fatty acids. Try more omega-3‘s, like eggs, fish and flax, at least twice a week.
3. Omit wheat products as gluten has been linked to depression.
4. Avoid all products with aspartame which blocks the formation of serotonin, our feel-good neurotransmitters.
5. Avoid foods high in saturated fats as they interfere with blood flow and lowers circulation in the brain.
6. Avoid all forms of sugar, including natural sweeteners like honey, molasses and fruit juice.
7. Avoid alcohol, caffeine and processed foods.
8. Keep your mind active, get plenty of rest and regular exercise.”