When Was The Last Snow Day in Central New York?
The first snowfall, for most, is upon us and there is only one thing left on the minds of little ones. When will that first snow day finally arrive? Even though the forecast indicates it may not happen for quite some time this is Central New York, and you never know what may happen. One thing we do know for sure is when the last snow day was for area schools. Think you know what month?
According to our records, the last day in which weather had an impact on the closing, or delay of schools was actually this spring. This is what our school closings post included back on Monday, April 4th, 2016.
- Edmeston Central Schools – CLOSED
- Holland Patent Central Schools – CLOSED
- Hamilton Central Schools – CLOSED
- Madison Central Schools - CLOSED
- Morrisville-Eaton Central Schools – CLOSED
- New Hartford Central Schools – CLOSED
- Oriskany Central Schools – CLOSED
- Owen D. Young Central Schools - CLOSED
- Remsen Central Schools – CLOSED
- Sherburne-Earlville – CLOSED (BOARD MEETING STILL ON AS SCHEDULED)
- Stockbridge Valley Central Schools – CLOSED
- Adirondack Central Schools - 2 HOUR DELAY (NO AM PRE-K OR AM BOCES)
- New York Mills Central Schools - 2 HOUR DELAY
- Richfield Springs Central Schools - 2 HOUR DELAY
- Westmoreland Central Schools - 2 HOUR DELAY
- Whitesboro Central Schools – 2 HOUR DELAY
- Sauquoit Valley Central Schools - 1 HOUR DELAY
How's that for a throwback Thursday? I know the kids, and teachers, love snow days, but this is a little too early for snow and ice that bad. Let's hope we have a couple more 80 degrees days sometime soon.
BONUS VIDEO: 'It's Cold!' - 1 of 10 Things To NEVER Say If You're From CNY