Some Things You Can Do to Get a Better Night’s Sleep
Do you have trouble sleeping at night? We've got a few tricks that can help you rest easy at night and wake up refreshed.
Get on a solid sleep schedule
- If your body is adjusted to a schedule when it comes to sleeping, you should listen to it and you'll wake up feeling refreshed. Staying up late when your body is used to waking up early will end up with less sleep overall.
Watch your eating and drinking
- Going to bed hungry or stuffed ca affect how you sleep. If you eat something spicy before bed, your stomach with not be thankful. Caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine can also affect your sleep.
Have a bedtime ritual
- If you do the same thing before bed each night, your body will understand that it is time for sleep. Taking a shower, reading a book, or watching television are some examples of what you can do.
Include physical activity in your daily routine
- Exercise can help you enjoy a deeper sleep at night and help you fall asleep faster. Just be sure you give enough time between exercising and sleep. If you do too close to bed time, it can keep you energized and make falling asleep difficult.
Limit your daytime napping
- Napping for several hours throughout the day can take away from sleeping at night. Limit your naps to only 10 to 30 minutes.