Punkin Chunkin is The Best Use Of Pumpkins in Upstate New York
What do you get when you mix catapults and pumpkins? 'Punkin Chunkin' and it's quickly becoming an art form in upstate New York.
Every fall, Chunkin enthusiasts gather in Clayton, New York for the annual 'Punkin Chunkin Contest,' where groups bring their homemade contraptions to see who can launch a pumpkin the farthest into the St. Lawrence River.
The Punkin Chunkin' is set for Saturday October 19th at the Clayton Marina in Frink Park. Youth Chunkin kicks off at 11am and adult Chunkin is at 1pm. There's even a BBQ tasting contest this year at 2pm.
Get more details at 1000islands-clayton.com/punkinchunkinclayton.
- Cayo Industrial Has New Home, New Attraction for Halloween
- Rome Woman Mows Down Cancer with Yard Ribbon Honoring Survivors
- Halloween Bar Crawls Coming to Central New York
- Interactive 2019 Fall Foliage Map
- Take a Chilling Ride on the Haunted Adirondack Railroad
- Farmer's Almanac Predicts Polar Coaster Winter with Memorable Storm in CNY
Listen to Tad & Polly in The Morning from 6AM to 9AM on Big Frog 104. Stream us live, listen on any Alexaie-enabled device, Google Home or on the Big Frog 104 app.