Dangerous 35 Below Winds Chills in Central New York
Bundle up! It's going to be dangerously cold in central New York. There's a Wind Chill Warning for frigid temperatures that could cause frostbite in less than 10 minutes from the National Weather Service.
...WIND CHILL WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS EVENING...
* WHERE...Northern Oneida, Sullivan, Otsego, Chenango, Delaware, Madison and Southern Oneida counties.
* WHAT...Dangerously cold wind chills. Wind chills as low as 35 below zero. Wind gusts as high as 40 mph causing blowing and drifting snow.
* WHEN...Lowest wind chills until 7 PM EST this evening. Winds diminish tonight but wind chills will remain well below zero.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The dangerously cold wind chills could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes. If you're have to be out in the cold, remember to dress in layers.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the Big Frog 104 App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.