The advisory begins this afternoon at 3 and continues until 7 Wednesday morning (3/4). It will start out with snow, then change to sleet and freezing rain.
* LOCATIONS...MOST OF CENTRAL NEW YORK TO THE WESTERN CATSKILLS.
* HAZARDS...SNOW... FREEZING RAIN... AND SLEET.
* ACCUMULATIONS...A QUICK 2 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW...FOLLOWED BY UP
TO A TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE.
* TIMING...SNOW WILL DEVELOP MID AFTERNOON AND LAST FOR A FEW
HOURS. THE SNOW WILL TRANSITION TO A WINTRY MIX OF FREEZING RAIN
AND SLEET THIS EVENING AND LAST THROUGH TONIGHT.
* TEMPERATURES...RISING FROM THE 20S LATE TODAY...TO THE LOW 30S
BY WEDNESDAY MORNING.
* WINDS...SOUTH 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH.