Several Winter Weather Advisories and Warnings for CNY and Mohawk Valley
Central New York and The Mohawk Valley are under several Winter Weather Advisories and Warnings until Thursday morning. Strong winds coupled with 3 or 4 inches of snow today and several more inches tonight will make travel difficult. Storm totals may be close to a foot.
The National Weather Service has a Winter Weather Advisory for Southern Oneida, Cortland, and Chenango counties until 7 pm Thursday. Madison and Onondaga Counties are under a Winter Weather Advisory until 4 this afternoon, then a Winter Storm Warning until 7 Thursday night. The Mohawk Valley Winter Weather Advisory is until 7 Thursday morning and a Wind Advisory from 10 am until 8 pm today.
In a nutshell windy conditions with 1 to 4 inches of snow possible through early afternoon for everyone. Tonight, Lake Effect snow bands will set up and bring several more inches of snow, especially in Madison and Onondaga counties. Storm totals will be up to 7 to 8 inches east of Madison County and up to a foot to the west.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the STATION App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.