Your Odds Of Winning The Powerball Jackpot Compared To Other Things
The Powerball Jackpot for tonight is over $485 Million and the odds of winning are 1 in 175 Million. This is the third largest lotto jackpot in lottery history and it has people in a craze! Those odds are terrible, so much in fact that it made me think of all the other things that could happen before winning the Powerball Jackpot.
Before winning the Powerball, you have better odds of:
1. Becoming A Hollywood Star - 1 in 1.5 Million
2. Hitting A Hole In One On Consecutive Par Three Golf Holes - 1 in 156 Million
3. Being Struck By Lightning In A 1 Year Period - 1 in 1 Million
4. Being The Victim Of A Shark Attack - 1 in 11.5 Million
5. Becoming President of the United States - 1 in 10 Million
6. Having Identical Quadruplets - 1 in 15 Million (Scary Right?)
7. Being Killed By A Venomous Plant or Animal - 1 in 3.4 Million
8. Dying By Asteroid - 1 in 18,000 (Seems Kind of Likely)
9. Going To The ER With A Pogo Stick Injury
10. Dating A Super Model - 88,000 to 1
So the craziest thing that I took away from this list is you have a better chance of being killed by an asteroid than dating a super model! Haha. Anyway, if you decide to play the Powerball tonight good luck and don't forget about me!