Take a Trip Down Memory Lane at Catskill Game Farm Tour
Take a trip down memory lane at the Old Game Farm in the Catskills.
The first privately owned zoo in the U.S., open from 1933 to 2006, is offering a self guided tour on Saturday November 2nd. Walk through 150 acres where giraffes, rhinos, pygmy hippos, capybara were among the 2,000 animals that once called the Catskill Game Farm home.
The defunct zoo now offers a very different experience including over 20 miles of mountain biking and hiking trails, waterfalls, swimming holes, glamping among amazing views and a new hotel. The old giraffe barn has been renovated into the Long Neck Inn, where you can stay in the Giraffe, Rhino, Zebra or Elephant room.
You need permission to be on the property and must sign up for the self guided tour November 2nd, sign a waiver at Theoldgamefarm.com. It's also recommended you download the map before you arrive for the tour.
- Cayo Industrial Has New Home, New Attraction for Halloween
- 24 Foot Dracula Castle Dons Syracuse Lawn for Halloween
- A Halloween Display You HAVE to See in Central New York
- Rome Woman Mows Down Cancer with Yard Ribbon Honoring Survivors
- Farmer's Almanac Predicts Polar Coaster Winter with Memorable Storm in CNY
Listen to Tad & Polly in The Morning from 6AM to 9AM on Big Frog 104. Stream us live, listen on any Alexaie-enabled device, Google Home or on the Big Frog 104 app.