4 New Speed Camera Locations in Central New York This Week
Speed cameras are on roads all across New York State and you won't even know you got a ticket until it arrives in the mail. Several have been added in Central New York this week.
The radar was installed as part of legislation S.4682-B, signed last September by Governor Kathy Hochul. Where are these cameras? They keep moving around the state each week.
Read More: Speed Cameras Coming to NY Roads
How Speed Cameras Work
Radar will pick up any speeders and capture a photo of the vehicle and the license plate. The registered owner will then be mailed either a warning or a violation.
First Violation: $50 fine
Second Violation: $75 fine if within an 18-month period of the first violation
Third and Subsequent Violations: $100 fine if within an 18-month period of the first violation
Speed Cameras Locations in May 2023
The speed camera radar has been added to a number of new roads in Central New York this week.
- 5/8 to 5/12 - NY Route 5/8/12 (N/S Arterial) Bridge over French Road
- 5/3 to 5/23 - NY 5 Bridge Over Railroad #1 French Road
- 5/9 - NY 49 Westbound lane
- 5/1 to 5/23 - NY 8 Southbound Between Washington Mills and Chadwick Exits
- 5/8 to 5/12 - 5S westbound near Dyke Raod W. Schuyler Exit
- 5/1 to 5/23 - NY 5 S Eastbound from Reference Marker 5S-2302-1030
- 5/1 to 5/23 - NY 5 S Westbound from Reference Marker 5S-2302-1050
- May 8 to May 12 - I690 Bridge over State Fair Blvd, between Exit 4 and Exit 5
May Radar Across New York
Speed cameras can also be found on the following roads across the state for most of the month of May.
Read More: 18 NY Roads Where You'll Find Speed Cameras in May
- I-84 EB at Exit 4 in Orange County from 5/1 to 5/23
- PK 987F NB at Hospital Road in Westchester County from 5/4 to 5/23
- NY 17 EB Deposit NY in Broome and Delaware County from 5/1 to 5/23
- I-390 SB Brooks Ave to Genesee River Bridge in Monroe County from 5/1 to 5/23
- NY 390 SB between Ridge and Lexington in Monroe County from 5/1 to 5/23
- I-390 NB between Exit 8 and 10 in Livingston County from 5/1 to 5/23
- I-390 NB between Exits 10 and 12 in Monroe County from 5/4 to 5/23
- I 86 WB Erwin in Steuben County from 5/1 to 5/23
- I 81 NB over South Sandy Creek in Jefferson County from 5/1 to 5/23
- I 81 SB Exit 11 (Route 13, Cortland) to East River Road Bridge in Cortland County from 5/1 to 5/23
- I 481 SB Between Exit 2 (Jamesville Rd) and Exit 1 (E. Brighton Ave.) from 5/1 to 5/23
- I 678 N/B from Federal Circle to Atlantic Avenue in Queens County from 5/1 to 5/23
- I 678 N/B from Atlantic Avenue to Federal Circle in Queens County from 5/1 to 5/23
- PK 907D W/B from 150th Street to 130th Street in Queens County from 5/1 to 5/23
The cameras will move around the state to different construction zones. You can find all the locations at Ny.gov.