Significant Snow & Ice Impacting End of Holiday Weekend Travel in CNY
The ride home from the Thanksgiving holiday weekend may be a slippery one in central New York. Significant snow and ice is expected Sunday into Monday.
The National Weather Service says the storm may produce accumulating snow, sleet & freezing rain. "Snow starting around daybreak Sunday is looking likely."
The snow will change over to a wintry mix later Sunday, and then change back to snow by Monday, just in time for the morning commute. "Significant snow accumulations with icing are possible."
Take us everywhere you go with our new App. Listen live with all of your favorite shows with fewer commercials. The new app lets you call, message or tweet at us anytime or send us photos and videos. The app also gives you the ability to receive notifications about breaking news, weather alerts, traffic advisories and school closings happening in and around Central New York.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download theBig Frog 104 App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.
Spot a typo? Email Polly@Bigfrog104.com.