Mosquito Relief Offered in Madison County
Want mosquito relief? There's help available.
Starting today, Madison County residents can stop by the county's Health Department between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. to pick up their free water-soluble BONIDE Mosquito Beater WSP pouch.
Using these dunk pouches around your residence and yard may help control mosquito populations by impacting the larvae.
These mosquito dunk pouches will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
In addition to the mosquito dunks, Madison County is offering other tips to control the mosquito population.
- Throw out containers that hold and collect water in your yard
- Remove used tires. Old tires act as great mosquito breeding sites
- Drill holes in the bottoms of recycling containers that are kept outdoors
- Make clean roof gutters so they drain well
- Remove leaf debris from yards and gardens
- Turn over wading pools and wheelbarrows when not in use
- Change the water in birdbaths twice weekly
- Clean vegetation and debris from edges of ponds.
- Keep swimming pools, outdoor saunas and hot tubs clean and chlorinated
- Drain water from pool covers.
- Landscape to promote good drainage and eliminate standing water that collects on your property.
You can call ahead at 315-366-2526 to check on availability. There is a limit of one pouch per household.