Grieving Rome Daughter Looking For Lost Prayer Blanket to Bury Her Mother In
A grieving Rome daughter is searching for a lost prayer blanket to bury her mother in.
Dorothy Delahunt lost her battle with liver cancer and her daughter Brenda wants to bury her in a prayer blanket. "The church made it for my mom and her sister brought it to her," Brenda shared on Facebook. "She gave it to mom on Sunday August 25."
Brenda says when she went to Colonial Park Nursing Home to retrieve her mother's things the pray blanket wasn't there. "I contacted Colonial Park the next day and they told me it got sent out in the wash but I did all of her wash while she was there. I hope someone that works there will come across it so she can be buried with it."
An employee at the nursing home who asked to not be identified, says they can't find the blanket anywhere. "It's nowhere in the facility. We've been checking cameras, the entire building, every closet, and tore the laundry room apart."
If you've seen the blanket, contract Brenda on Facebook.
Graveside services are being held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at St. John’s Cemetery in Camden. Calling hours will be held Monday from 4-7:00 p.m. at LaRobardiere Funeral Home.
- Three Stabbed, One Killed in Boonville Domestic Incident
- Rome Police Save Young Boy From Choking
- New Slides With Terrifying Drop Coming to Water Safari
- Interactive 2019 Fall Foliage Map
- Dangerously Old Products Sold at New York Dollar Stores
- Farmer's Almanac Predicts Polar Coaster Winter with Memorable Storm in CNY