Central New York and Mohawk Valley Winter Weather Advisory
A blustery couple of days with ice and snow concerns trigger another Winter Weather Advisory. The National Weather Service thinks the concern will be from 10 tonight (1/07/19) to 7 tomorrow morning (1/08/19) for most of CNY, The Mohawk Valley Advisory is from 1 AM to 10 AM Tuesday.
WHAT... Mixed precipitation expected. Ice accumulations of a light glaze, and total snow accumulations of less than one inch expected. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
WHEN... From 10 PM this evening to 7 AM EST Tuesday.
WHERE... In New York, Chemung, Northern and Southern Oneida, Chenango, Otsego, Tioga, Broome, Delaware and Sullivan counties. In Pennsylvania, Bradford, Susquehanna, Northern Wayne, Wyoming, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Pike, and Southern Wayne counties.
1 - 4 inches of snow is expected in Northern Oneida County. In the Valley, Ilion, Herkimer, Little Falls, Mohawk, Frankfort, and Dolgeville are under a Winter Weather Advisory from 1 AM to 10 AM Tuesday. 1 - 3 inches of snow possible with a light accumulation of ice. Northern Herkimer County could see up to 6 inches of snow.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the STATION App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.