Fire Breaks Out at Loretta Lynn’s Home
A fire broke out in the home of country legend Loretta Lynn.
WTVF-TV reports the fire started around 9:30am Tuesday (Feb. 25). Everyone got out safely and no one was seriously injured. Tennessee police say a candle knocked over into a chair and caught fire.
A message on Lynn’s official Facebook page thanked everyone for their support.
Taste of Country reports, Lynn heard a crackling sound while watching TV. She burned her fingers trying to put out the flames with a pillow.
The fire wasn’t in the antebellum mansion, where Lynn raised her family and is open to tourists. It was in her home on the property she currently lives in.
The ranch features a museum, restaurants and other attractions that has been damaged in the past. In January 2013, a severe thunderstorm swept through the historic plantation. A few weeks later, a fire destroyed a concession stand near the Motorcross track.
Things have been hard for Lynn lately. She’s been forced to cancel show due to poor health and er daughter passed away last July with a lung disease. She did have a bright spot when she received the Presidential Medal of Freedom.