Don’ts You Shouldn’t Do
It comes down to common sense, but many of us still do things that defy logic and may be hazardous to our health. Here’s a list.
“According to a Consumer Reports article, telling us we’re doing what we shouldn’t do. For example:
- Nearly 3 of every 4 Americans put cotton swabs inside their ears, risking a perforated eardrum, according to the magazine’s telephone survey of 1,000 adults.
- Nearly 4 in 10 often eat raw cookie dough, which could carry salmonella.
- Only half the respondents have a carbon monoxide detector at home.
- 61 percent don’t have a rubber mat in the shower.
- 13 percent admitted sometimes drinking beer while using power tools.
- 58 percent never wear a helmet while bicycling.
27 percent never use sunscreen.”