Speed Reduced on NYS Thruway Between Albany and Buffalo
The speed limit on the New York State Thruway has been reduced due to the inclement weather between Albany, Syracuse, and Buffalo.
The speed limit on the Thruway in both directions from exit 24 (Albany) to exit 49 (Depew), has been reduced to 45 MPH due to snow.
"As this storm continues to move across the state, bringing with it heavy snowfall and black ice, we are continuing to take every step possible to help ensure New Yorkers are safe on the roads," Governor Cuomo said. "In addition to our asset and personnel deployments, we have issued speed reduction advisories on roadways across the state — and I strongly urge non-essential state employees in the counties outlined to stay home. For those who must travel, please use extreme caution and follow the new speed limits in place."
All Oneida County office are closed on Monday, December 2.
An advised speed limit of 45 miles per hour is now in effect on the following roads:
- All State owned Parkways in DOT Region 8 (Hudson Valley)
- I-81: PA line to Syracuse
- Route 17: Binghamton to I-84
- I-84: Entire length
- I-86: from PA line to Binghamton
- I-88: Binghamton to I-90
- I-99: Entire length
- I-684: Entire length
- I-90 - exit 36 to exit 24 (Albany)
- I-87 - from exit 24 to exit 15 including the Berkshire spur
Take us everywhere you go with our new App. Listen live with all of your favorite shows with fewer commercials. The new app lets you call, message or tweet at us anytime or send us photos and videos. The app also gives you the ability to receive notifications about breaking news, weather alerts, traffic advisories and school closings happening in and around Central New York.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download our App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.