10 Lowest Paying Jobs in New York
You may be doing better than you realized... Take a look at some of the lowest paying jobs in New York.
It's easy to complain and not think we're making enough money, but in most cases we're not doing as bad as it seems. Zippa.com has created their list of the "100 Lowest Paying Jobs in New York," and let's just say it makes us more grateful of the position most of us are in (most, obviously not all of us).
The career expert website looked into the Bureau of Labor Statistics data for all the different job classifications in New York (there were 769 of them). From there they were able to determine which ones pay the least, and were able to create the list.
These are the lowest 10 jobs on their list and the average salary for each job, according to Zippa.com:
10. Cooks, Short Order $22,650
9. Automotive and Watercraft Service Attendants $22,380
8. Graders and Sorters, Agricultural Products $22,340
7. Pressers, Textile, Garment, and Related Materials $22,270
6. Cashiers $22,200
5. Dishwashers $22,150
4. Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food $21,410
3. Shampooers $21,150
2. Cooks, Fast Food $20,830
And the lowest paying job in New York is manicurists and pedicurists - With an average salary of $20,310 a year.
MORE: Rome Student Speaks Out Over School Lunches