How Long Will Your Favorite Food Keep in The Fridge?
You love leftovers - but how long can those leftovers stay in the fridge before they don't love you?
What do the authorities on food safety say? We're talking about a partnership between the FDA and the USDA called foodsafety.gov.
Here are their guidelines:
- COOKED MEAT OR POULTRY - 3-4 days in the fridge, 2-6 months in the freezer
- CHICKEN NUGGETS OR PATTIES - 3-4 days in the fridge, 1-3 months in the freezer
- PIZZA - 3-4 days in the fridge, 1 to 2 months in the freezer
- Opened package - 3-5 days fridge, 1-2 months freezer
- Unopened package - 2 weeks fridge, 1-2 months freezer
SALADS (like chicken, egg, ham, tuna, and macaroni):
- 3-5 days in the fridge, does not freeze well
- Whole - 1-2 days in the fridge, 1 year in the freezer
- Parts - 1-2 days in the fridge, 9 months in the freezer
RAW BEEF, VEAL, LAMB, and PORK:
- Steaks - 3-5 days fridge, 6-12 months
- Chops - 3-5 days fridge, 4-6 months
- Roasts - 3-5 days fridge, 4-12 months
HAMBURGER and OTHER GROUND MEATS:
- 1-2 days in the fridge, 3-4 months in the freezer
SOUPS & STEWS:
- With vegetable or meat added - 3-4 days in the fridge, 2-3 months in the freezer
Any of these sound off to you?