Frightmare Farms First Sensory Friendly Haunted House in the Country
Central New York is home to the first sensory inclusive haunted house in the country.
Frightmare Farms is now sensory friendly for anyone with autism, PTSD, anxiety or dementia. "We at Frightmare Farms are honored to be recognized as the first haunt in the nation to be Certified Sensory Inclusive by the KultureCity Organization," says Nicole Ginsburg on Facebook.
KultureCity is a Nonprofit Organization whose mission is to rethink accessibility by creating acceptance and inclusion for all individuals with unique abilities. "Our Corpse Crew is excited to implement the knowledge and resources we have gained through this partnership in an effort to make our haunted attraction more accessible for everyone."
Noise-cancelling headphones, sunglasses, fidget tools, and verbal cue card are now available for anyone who wants to experience the haunted house, without feeling overwhelmed, according to CNYCentral.com.
Frightmare Farms is open every Friday and Saturday in October from 7-10pm on State Route 49. Learn more and get tickets at Frightmarefarms.net.
- Cayo Industrial Has New Home, New Attraction for Halloween
- 24 Foot Dracula Castle Dons Syracuse Lawn for Halloween
- A Halloween Display You HAVE to See in Central New York
- Rome Woman Mows Down Cancer with Yard Ribbon Honoring Survivors
- Farmer's Almanac Predicts Polar Coaster Winter with Memorable Storm in CNY