FREE Tick Testing For Lyme Disease In CNY
Finding ticks on you, your kids, and your pets? Have them tested for lyme disease for free!
The SUNY Upstate Medical University project is called “Got Ticks? Test Them For Free” and is currently collecting ticks at various State Parks to assess the risks of tick and tick-borne disease exposure, but they won't be able to cover all of NY State without your help. They're asking you to mail them your ticks, dead or alive.
How to send ticks to the lab?
1. Put the ticks (dead/alive) in a Ziploc (or similar) bag with a piece of moist tissue paper or grass.
2. Place the zip-lock bag in an envelope with the following information:
- Location (please provide the zip code):
- Was the tick collected from a human or a pet?:
- Email address to share the test results:
3. Ship the envelope to the address below:
4209 Institute for Human Performance (IHP)
505 Irving Avenue
SUNY Center for Environmental Health and Medicine
SUNY Upstate Medical University
Syracuse NY 13210
In about a week, the researchers will email you back and let you know if your ticks carry disease or not. However, the researchers say you should not use this as a diagnosis.
Let us know how this works out for you!