Are you missing out on getting discounts on your electric bill? The New York Power Authority's Recharge NY Program provides discounts for businesses and non-profit organizations. Mary Wrege with Cornell Cooperative Extension says the program includes agricultural operations too.

Even if you have enrolled in the program, you will need to re-enroll to keep getting the discount. No matter who delivers your power, National Grid, NYSEG or RG&E the Residential Agricultural Discount program is available.

To qualify you need to meet two requirements:

  • have an active residential electric service account with National Grid, NYSEG or RG&E
  • have submitted one of the following forms with your federal tax return: IRS Schedule F or IRS Form 1120, 1120S or 1065 with an eligible Business Activity code

Check you electric bill for the following codes:

  • National Grid: Electric SC1 or Electric SC1C; refer to page 2
  • NYSEG: 12001, 12008, or 12012 noted after Electricity Rate on page 3
  •  RG&E: PSC 19 SC1 or SC 4 noted after Electricity Service on page 3

You can get more information and apply online at each power companies website. National GridNYSEG and RG&E.

More From Big Frog 104