A cooking accident is to blame for a fire that tore through dorms at Clarkson University.

The blaze caused major damage but luckily no one was injured, according the Watertown Daily Times. All students were evacuated safely.

Clarkson University President Anthony Collins tells the Watertown Daily Times. "We’re just grateful. Buildings can be replaced, people can’t."

Our daughter's boyfriend attends Clarkson in Potsdam and sent photos from the fire that was caused by a grease fire getting out of control in a downstairs kitchen apartment.

Luckily we've never had a kitchen fire but we've had a few disasters, including waking up to a flooded kitchen after the dishwasher broke.

Have you had a kitchen disaster? Share your story in the comments below.

Cameron Buell
Cameron Buell


More From Big Frog 104