Here’s When The Genesee Barges Will Pass Through The Utica Area
We have an official update and travel schedule for the massive Genesee Brewery fermentation tanks that will pass through the Utica area on the Erie Canal.
As of Friday, May 19, the tanks are officially in the Erie Canal and on their way to the Genesee Brewhouse in Rochester.
Due to high water levels on the canal, the trip that was scheduled to begin on May 15 was delayed, but now it looks like everything is in order and we should see the tanks float by this coming week.
Here’s the schedule according to a press release from Genesee:
- May 19: First barge of tanks departs Port of Coheymans and enters Erie Canal at Waterford; After passing through the Waterford locks, this barge will remain in the canal in Waterford for several days until May 23, to allow additional barges carrying Genesee tanks to enter the canal as well.
- May 23: Tanks will proceed to Niskayuna to Scotia to Rotterdam Junction/Glenville to Cranesville to Amsterdam to Tribes Hill
- May 24: Tribes Hill to Randall to Canajoharie to Fort Plain to Mindenville
- May 25: Mindenville to Little Falls to Frankfort to Utica
- May 26: Utica to Rome to New London
- May 27: New London to Brewerton to Baldwinsville
- May 28: Baldwinsville to Mays Point to Clyde to Lyons
- May 29/30: Lyons to Newark to Palmyra to Macedon to Pittsford to Henrietta; Tanks arrive at 150 Lee Road in Rochester
The folks at Genesee Brewing are encouraging fans 21 and over to find a (legal)place to watch the tanks pass by and raise a glass, can, or bottle and #ToastTheTanks.
Here’s a few places where you can safely park and watch as shipping returns to the Erie Canal.
Subscribe to Big Frog 104 on