We Could See a Foot of Snow to End the Holiday Weekend in Central New York
The holiday weekend will end with snow and ice, making for a slippery ride home and Monday morning commute.
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Watch from Sunday morning through Monday night.
* WHAT...Heavy snow and mixed precipitation possible. Total snow accumulations of 7 to 12 inches. A light glaze of ice is also possible.
* WHERE...Northern Oneida, Onondaga, Madison, Southern Oneida and Otsego counties.
Snow, possibly heavy at times will move through central New York on Sunday. We could see between 1 to 1.5 inches of snow.
There's a brief lull in the steady snow Sunday evening, but patchy freezing drizzle is possible. Another round of moderate to heavy snow returns Sunday night and lasts through the day Monday.
Travel home from the Thanksgiving holiday and into work Monday morning could be "difficult to impossible.
Take us everywhere you go with our new App. Listen live with all of your favorite shows with fewer commercials. The new app lets you call, message or tweet at us anytime or send us photos and videos. The app also gives you the ability to receive notifications about breaking news, weather alerts, traffic advisories and school closings happening in and around Central New York.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download theBig Frog 104 App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.
Spot a typo? Email Polly@Bigfrog104.com.