Winter Storm Isn’t Over Yet For Parts of Central New York
The latest winter storm isn't over quite yet. More snow and ice is on the way for parts of central New York. There's still a Winter Storm Warning for the Adirondacks and the Mohawk Valley and another storm is expected tonight in Northern Oneida County.
Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 4pm for the Adirondacks and the Mohawk Valley.
* WHAT...Heavy mixed precipitation. Additional snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches and ice accumulations of a light glaze. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.
* WHERE...Western and Southern Adirondacks and the Mohawk Valley.
* WHEN...Until 4 PM EST this afternoon.
Travel will be very difficult to dangerous due to snow and ice covered roadways and low visibility, including during this morning`s commute.
Another storm is brewing for Northern Oneida County tonight. The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning from 5 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 10 AM THURSDAY.
* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 10 inches expected.
* WHERE...Northern Oneida County.
* WHEN...From 5 PM this afternoon to 10 AM Thursday.
Travel could be very difficult. Areas of blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility.
Wind gusts up to 35 mph in the higher elevations could down ice covered power lines causing isolated outages into this evening. A brief snow squall is possible this afternoon and evening which could cause whiteout conditions and a quick coating of snow.
Get up to information on power outages throughout Central New York; where it’s out and when it’ll be restored with National Grid’s Power Outage Map.
National Grid also offers text alerts on the latest efforts to restore power.
To receive free text message alerts and updates, text the word STORM to NGRID (64743). E-mail alerts are available to customers who create an online profile on the company’s website. All alert services can be started and stopped at the customer’s request.
You can even report power outages or get the latest information at National Grid’s website.
Power Outage Preparation:
*Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
*Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
*Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
*Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
* Download the Big Frog 104 App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notification.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the BIG FROG 104 APP. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.