Travel Suggestions For Route 8 Bridge Closing At Genesee
Today is your last day to travel on the Route 8 bridge over Genny as it closes tomorrow for a five-day overhaul. It'll only be closed through Tuesday, but if you live or work in the New Hartford area or need to get through, you'll need a little forethought and extra time to avoid frustration. Here's some detour suggestions to help you plan your week...
Traveling on Genesee...
- For Genesee St. S - Take on-ramp to 8N, take Utica exit to Genny
- For Genesee St. N - From the Village of New Hartford, take Campion Rd. to the Arterial, then Burrstone Rd exit to Genny.
- - From Rte 8S take ramp to the Arterial, Burrstone Road exit to Genny.
Traveling on Route 8...
- For Rte 8N - Take off-ramp to Genesee St., then hop right back on.
- For Rte 8S - From Route 8S take off-ramp to Campion Road. Stay straight until Kellogg Road, then jump on Route 8S ramp from there.
- - From Rte 12S to Genesee St., take Genny at the Yahnundasis to Oxford Rd., Oxford to Kellogg, Kellogg to Route 8S ramp.