New York’s Top Holiday Candy Will Make You Question Life
Christmas is right up there with Halloween and Easter when it comes to candy, but what is New York's favorite around the Holidays? Brace yourself.
According to Candystore.com, American are expected to drop $1.93 Billion on holiday candy in 2017.
The National Retail Federation estimates the average American will spend $110 on candy and food for the Holidays, but in New York exactly which candy is tops?
We're just as surprised as you, especially since we never thought of Skittles as a Christmas staple.
Skittles are great and all, but for Christmas?
Candy Canes came in at number 2 on the list(much more appropriate) and at number 3 is Pez.
Take a look at the interactive map below to see what candy tops the list of the rest of the U.S.
If that's not enough info, here are some other Holiday Candy facts from CandyStore.com:
- 1.76 Billion candy canes are produced every year for the holiday season.
- Approximately 150 million chocolate Santas are produced annually.
- The largest candy cane in the world was made in Switzerland. It was 51 feet long.
- December 26th is National Candy Cane Day.
- Canada spent $362M (USD) in Dec 2014 on candy, confectionery & snack foods.
- 59% of holiday sales are expected to be online.
What is your go-to candy for Christmas?
For Luke Austin it's definitely Chocolate Oranges or Life Savers Sweet Storybooks.