Which New York Natives Are Competing In The 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics?
The games have officially begun! The 2022 Winter Olympics are in full swing over in Beijing. With so many Olympians competing for the United States, it makes you wonder how many are from New York.
In total, there are 16 Olympians this year from New York. This includes those who still live in the state and those who were born here. Remsen native, Erin Hamlin, isn't competing anymore, but you can catch her commentating during the luge competitions.
Here's a breakdown of each category that has a New Yorker in it and what days you can watch them compete.
- Tricia Mangan, Buffalo, NY (2-time Olympian)
- February 3rd-17th, 19th
- Hunter Church, Cadyville, NY
- February 10th-20th
- Ashley Cain-Gribble (Pair Skating), Chelsea Piers, NY.
- Kaitlin Hawayek (Ice Dance), East Aurora, NY.
- February 4th, 6-8th, 10th, 12th, 14-15th, 17-19th.
- Chris and Jon Lillis, Pittsford, NY.
- Olivia Giaccia, Mount Kisco, NY.
- Devin Logan (2014 Silver Medalist) Oceanside, NY.
- Dylan Walczyk, Rochester, NY.
- February 3rd, 5-10th, 13-19th.
- Nick Abruzzese, Slate Hill, NY.
- Aaron Ness (NY Islanders),
- Hayley Scamurra, Gatzville, NY.
- February 3rd-20th.
- Jonny Gustafson, Massena, NY.
- Sean Hollander, Lake Placid, NY.
- Chris Mazdzer, Saranac Lake, NY.
- February 2nd-10th.
- Hagen Kearney, Buffalo, NY.
- Julia Marino, Brooklyn, NY.
- February 5-12th, 14-15th.
The 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics started on Friday, February 4th and plan to wrap up on Sunday, February 20th. All events are live and available to watch on Peacock and NBC.
Get To Know the 8 Upstate New York Athletes Competing in the Winter Olympics
Upstate New York is well represented in the 2022 Winter Olympics thanks to these eight outstanding athletes (and one honorable mention)!
20 Fun Facts About The Olympics
The most shocking fact is #17, but I think everyone secretly knew #6.
Read on to see the complete list of 20 fun facts below.
Images from the 1980 Olympics in Lake Placid, NY
Here are some images from the week of February 13th-24th, 1980 in Lake Placid New York, home of the XIII Olympic Winter Games.
Ten Times New York Football Teams Played for the Super Bowl
The Giants, Jets and Bills have all made it to the NFL's highest peak, but not every team was good enough to win. Here are ten times NY teams played for the Super Bowl.
Buffalonians Would Hate To See Josh Allen Endorse These Companies