Fresh Produce Returns, Oneida County Public Market Set to Open at Union Station This Saturday
The Oneida County Public Market returns from winter break this coming Saturday.
County leaders and Market Managers will be on hand as the Public Market opens for the 10th year. As they say, "cut the vine" for a 2nd decade. Here are some of the vendors scheduled to be on hand.
Of course there's more than just fresh produce, meats, eggs, and syrups direct from CNY farmers available outside Union Station in Utica. Jams, jellies, cheeses, spices, and baked goods will also fill the vendor spaces. And if you were ever in need of unique gift ideas; there's a great selection of jewelry, t-shits, art, and photography, even the greeting card. The full vendors list can be browsed at Oneida County Market.com.
The market is open every Saturday from 9 to 1 and they do take SNAP benefits. Children and leashed pets are welcome to attend too. COVID guidelines and protocols will be followed as directed by the County Administration.
- Masks are required for everyone entering the market.
- Don't touch produce or product on tables. Vendors will bag your selections.
- Purchases will be dropped at a designated spot on the vendor's table
- Hand sanitizing stations are located within the market space
- If you or someone in your household is ill, please stay home
Farmers or other vendors interested in participating in the market can visit Oneida County Public Market.com or contact Alicia Luhrssen-Zombek at Oneida County Cornell Cooperative Extension: AML439@cornell.edu