CNY Winter Weather Advisory Means Another Slippery Morning Commute
If we learned anything from yesterday (1/22/19), Central New York roads can be dangerous even when it's not snowing. The National Weather Service's Winter Weather Advisory says it could be another slippery morning commute today.
WHAT... Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations less than one inch and ice accumulations of up to one-tenth of an inch expected. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
WHEN... From 4 AM to 3 PM EST Wednesday. In Northern Oneida County the advisory lasts until 7 PM. In the Mohawk Valley and North Herkimer, the advisory is from 9 AM to 6 PM.
WHERE... Southern Oneida, Madison, Onondaga, Chemung, Seneca, Southern Cayuga, Steuben, Schuyler, Tompkins, and Yates counties.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the STATION App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.