City Of Utica Declares Snow Emergency [UPDATED]
The City of Utica has declared a Snow Emergency which will go into effect at 11:00 Thursday night.
UPDATED: Snow Emergency in Utica has been lifted.
All vehicles must be off city streets to allow for safe passage of snow removal and emergency vehicles.
Vehicles left on city streets after 11:00 are subject to ticketing and towing.
With dangerous driving conditions anticipated, officials are also urging no unnecessary travel on city streets.
The Snow Emergency will remain in effect until further notice.
The Village of Ilion has also declared a Snow Emergency
Update: (11:00 p.m.) The village of Herkimer has issued a snow emergency. All cars must be off the roads.
It will go into effect at 11:00 tonight and remain in effect until further notice.
There will be no parking on Village Streets after 11:00.
Take us everywhere you go with our new App. Listen live with all of your favorite shows with fewer commercials. The new app lets you call, message or tweet at us anytime or send us photos and videos. The app also gives you the ability to receive notifications about breaking news, weather alerts, traffic advisories and school closings happening in and around Central New York.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.