City Of Utica Declares Snow Emergency
In anticipation of heavy snow, the City of Utica is declaring a Snow Emergency.
The Snow Emergency will go into effect at 8:00 Friday morning and will remain in effect until further notice.
All vehicles must be off the streets by 8:00 a.m.tomorrow to facilitate safe passage for snow removal and emergency services vehicles.
Vehicles left on City streets are subject to ticketing and towing.
The Emergency applies to all city streets and roadways, with no exceptions.
Keep Up To Date
Take us everywhere you go with our new App. Listen live with all of your favorite shows with fewer commercials. The new app lets you call, message or tweet at us anytime or send us photos and videos. The app also gives you the ability to receive notifications about breaking news, weather alerts, traffic advisories and school closings happening in and around Central New York.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.