Check Your Vino – New List Of Wines Cited For High Levels Of Arsenic
Before you grab the wine opener or open that box of wine, you might want to double-check the brand.
A new list of wines was announced as part of a lawsuit citing that several wines being sold have extremely high levels of inorganic arsenic which could be dangerous.
According to an article on viralserve.com, the inorganic arsenic is more than 500 times more toxic than organic arsenic. It's used to improve flavor, smell and color.
The lawsuit states ingesting unsafe amounts of the wine could have several different effect from vomiting & metallic taste, to stomach pain and could cause tumors, heart disease, and diabetes.
Here is the full list of wines that were named in the lawsuit:
- Acronym (GR8RW Red Blend)
- Almaden (Heritage White Zinfandel, Heritage Moscato, Heritage Chardonnay, Mountain Burgundy, Mountain Rhine, Mountain Chablis)
- Arrow Creek (Coastal Series Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Bandit (Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Bay Bridge (Chardonnay)
- Beringer (White Merlot, White Zinfandel, Red Moscato, Refreshingly Sweet Moscato)
- Charles Shaw (White Zinfandel)
- Colores Del Sol (Malbec)
- Glen Ellen by Concannon (Glen Ellen Reserve Pinot Grigio, Glen Ellen Reserve Merlot)
- Concannon (Selected Vineyards Pinot Noir)
- Cook’s (Spumante)
- Corbett Canyon (Pinot Grigio, Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Cupcake (Malbec)
- Fetzer (Moscato, Pinot Grigio)
- Fisheye (Pinot Grigio)
- Flipflop (Pinot Grigio, Moscato, Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Foxhorn (White Zinfandel)
- Franzia (Vintner Select White Grenache, Vintner Select White Zinfandel, Vintner Select White Merlot, Vintner Select Burgundy)
- Hawkstone (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- HRM Rex Goliath (Moscato)
- Korbel (Sweet Rose Sparkling Wine, Extra Dry Sparkling Wine)
- Menage A Trois (Pinot Grigio, Moscato, White Blend, Chardonnay, Rose, Cabernet Sauvignon, California Red Wine).
- Mogen David (Concord, Blackberry Wine)
- Oak Leaf (White Zinfandel)
- Pomelo (Sauvignon Blanc)
- R Collection By Raymond (Chardonnay)
- Richards Wild Irish Rose (Red Wine)
- Seaglass (Sauvignon Blanc)
- Simply Naked (Moscato)
- Smoking Loon (Viognier)
- Sutter Home (Sauvignon Blanc, Gewurztraminer, Pink Moscato, Pinot Grigio, Moscato, Chenin Blanc, Sweet Red, Riesling, White Merlot, Merlot, White Zinfandel)