Central New York Winter Storm Warning Brings Sleet and Freezing Rain
The Winter Storm Warning won't be going away quietly.The National Weather Service lifts the warning at 10 this morning, but before leaving, Central New York may experience some freezing rain and sleet, followed by another couple of inches of snow.
The Winter Storm Warning is in effect until 10 this morning for most of CNY, the Mohawk Valley warning remains until 1 this afternoon. (11/16).
WHAT... Heavy snow. Additional snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches. Storm total snow accumulations of 8 to 12 inches.
WHEN... Until 10 AM this morning. Until 1 PM in the Mohawk Valley
WHERE... Northern Oneida, Seneca, Southern Cayuga, Onondaga, Madison, Southern Oneida, Cortland, Chenango, and Otsego Counties.
Another 2 to 4 inches will be possible this afternoon and tonight before tapering off mid-morning on Saturday.
Several schools are delayed due to the weather this morning.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the STATION App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.