Worst Cooks In America- Grilled Eggplant Recipe
Lately all I want to do is watch Food Network. Why? Because it's amazing, that's why. While watching the show "Worst Cooks In America", I watched Bobby Flay create this gem: Grilled Eggplant and Fresh Mozzarella on Ciabatta with Roasted Pepper Relish.
For starters, I don't really like Eggplant. However, I may try it after sampling this. It only takes about an hour to make.
1) For the mayonnaise mixture: Combine the mayonnaise and garlic in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
2) For the roasted pepper relish: Combine the basil, vinegar, oil and peppers in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature while you assemble the sandwiches.
3) Preheat a grill on medium-high heat.
4) For the grilled eggplant: Brush the eggplant slices with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until grill marks appear, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
5) For the sandwiches: Brush the cut sides of the bread with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill cut-side down to warm through and crisp slightly, about 30 seconds.
6) Spread the bread with the mayonnaise mixture and top the bottom halves with the grilled eggplant, roasted pepper relish, mozzarella slices, arugula and basil. Cover with the tops of the bread. Place the sandwiches on the grill, weigh them down with a brick wrapped in foil and cook until pressed and the cheese has melted, flipping once, about 6 minutes. (They can also be cooked on a panini press.)
7) Slice in half crosswise and serve.
You can find the full recipe, and list of ingredients from the Food Network.