New To’ak Chocolate Bar Being Sold For $262 Being Compared To Whiskey
How much are you willing to spend on fine chocolate? Is that price over $250? Then we have the chocolate bar for you! Introducing the most expensive pure chocolate bar in the world: To’ak chocolate.
Why in the world is this chocolate so expensive? The Mirror reports that 95% of this chocolate is made using mass-produced beans, where the remaining 5% is using fine grade cacao.
Each step towards making the bar - which is 81% cacao mass and the rest sugar - is meticulous, requiring 36 steps to make the bar.Rare cacao seeds are first harvested from the coast of Ecuador, before they are fermented and turned into liquid chocolate."
Experts advise that you eat this chocolate using wooden tongs, or other tasting utensils, so that it is easier to "perceive the chocolate’s aroma on the nose".