Women and Their Sleep Habits
Generally speaking, women have more complicated sleep patterns than men. Whereas most guys tumble off into dreamland in short order women tend approach their overnight rest periods still processing the events and concerns of the day. Glamour magazine did a study of female sleep habits with some interesting results. See if your lights out behaviors are common.
- 56 percent of women have talked in their sleep.
- 11 percent have sleepwalked.
- 22 percent of women use things like prescription or over-the-counter meds or alcohol a few times a week to fall asleep faster.
- 30 percent of women wake up in the middle of the night
- 39 percent hit the snooze button two or three times each morning. 16 percent say they do it four times or more!
- 27 percent of women say they still sleep with a stuffed animal.
- 22 percent of women say they wish they could sleep alone more often.
- 9 percent of women go to bed naked
- 48 percent of women get less than seven hours of sleep most weeknights
- 33 percent of women drink three or more cups of caffeine a day to stay awake
- 56 percent of women say stress can cause them to lie awake at night
- 7 percent of women say they’ve fallen asleep during sex
- Looking at this list I would–as a man–have to say that women are definitely the more complex gender.