Lake Effect Snow Advisory For Today (1/25/14)
Out of the cold and into the snow. A Lake Effect Snow Advisory is in effect from 7 tonight until 1pm Sunday for Oneida County.
The National Weather Service says we can expect slippery roads and poor visibility late tonight into early Sunday morning.
* LOCATIONS... ONEIDA COUNTY... ESPECIALLY SOUTHERN TO WESTERN PORTIONS.
* HAZARDS... LAKE EFFECT SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS... 2 TO 5 INCHES OF SNOW.
* TIMING... AFTER SOME LIGHT SNOW TODAY... AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT WILL BLAST THROUGH WITH SNOW SHOWERS THIS EVENING... FOLLOWED BY DEVELOPING LAKE EFFECT SNOW TONIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING.
* TEMPERATURES... FALLING THROUGH TEENS TO SINGLE DIGITS TONIGHT TO NEAR ZERO EARLY SUNDAY MORNING.
* WINDS... BECOMING WEST-NORTHWEST 15 TO 25 MPH TONIGHT WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH.
* IMPACTS... THE COMBINATION OF FALLING SNOW AND GUSTY WINDS WILL CREATE NEAR WHITEOUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES IN THE LAKE EFFECT SNOW BANDS. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL LEAD TO SLIPPERY ROADWAYS AND HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS.