What to Wear for America’s Greatest Heart Run and Walk
We're expecting fridged temps for America’s Greatest Heart Run and Walk. Do you know how you should dress?
With our latest forecast showing a high of only 11 degrees, it's important to plan what you and your family will wear.
Many of us participating in America’s Greatest Heart Run and Walk aren't avid exercisers let alone doing it in unbelievably cold temperatures. Follow these tips for a warm and comfortable experience.
- Dress in 3 or more layers. The first layer should be a synthetic material that will wick away moisture. Use wool or fleece for second and third layers. For added warmth, top your outfit off with a water and wind resistant jacket.
- Cover as much of your body as possible as exposed skin is vulnerable to frostbite.
- Protect your head, hands, and feet with mittens, a hat, warm socks and maybe a scarf.
- Even though it's cold out you still need your sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Do we need to remind you to hydrate? Didn't think so.
Have fun and good luck!
[Information from Livestrong]