What Do You Call a Baby Owl?
So, what is the name of a baby owl? If you said, owlet, you are correct. OK, OK, how about another one? What do you call a baby hedgehog? The answer–a hoglet. I don’t know why I find these so interesting, but I decided to do a little research to see what baby animals are called–and I found a bunch of them. So, next time you are out and about and someone says to you, “Look at that baby pigeon!” You can say, “Actually, it’s called a squab.”
I found the most convienient list of baby animals names from Wikipedia. Here are just a few of the interesting ones from Wikipedia.
- A baby alligator is called a hatchling.
- A baby badger is called a cub.
- A baby bat is called a pup.
- A baby clam is called larva.
- A baby dinosaur is called a hatchling or juvenile.
- A baby ferret is called a kit.
- A baby frog is called polliwog, tadpole or froglet.
- A baby salamander is called a tadpole.
- A baby snake is called a snakelet.
- A baby toad is called a toadlet.
- A baby work is called a wormlet.
There you go–a day’s worth of useless information to think about.