USA Today Botches List Of Best Pizza In NY – Where’s Utica?
This is a travesty. If you're going to make the list from across the entire state, how about you actually try some of the best pizza in the state.
There are so many amazing pizza places in our area that I can't even begin to list them all.
Here's USA Today's list:
1. Apizza Regionale - Syracuse
2. Denino's Pizzeria - New York City
3. Mama's Boy Pizza - Tannersville
4. Cold Spring Pizza - Cold Spring
5. Slices Pizza - Saugerties
6. Joe's Pizza - New York City
7. Juliana's Pizza - Brooklyn
8. L&B Spumoni Gardens - Brooklyn
9. Pizzeria Posto - Rhinebeck
10. Bleecker Street Pizza - New York City
11. Rubirosa Ristorante - New York City
12. Di Fara - Brooklyn
13. Prince St. Pizza - New York City
14. DeFazio's Pizza - Troy
15. La Florentina - Kingston
16. Champion Pizza - New York City
17. Roberta's - New York City
18. Emily - New York City
19. Numero 28 Pizzeria - New York City
20. Milkflower - Astoria
So yeah, at least half of the places on the list are in NYC or one of the 5 boroughs(Brooklyn), or just outside the city.
Even funnier is that a bunch of these are wood-fired pizza places. Please. CNY does wood-fired pizza better than anyone.
I may seem like I'm ranting, and I am. That's because I have had pizza in NYC, from a ton of places. I've had pizza from all over the state and the country.
THERE IS NO COMPARISON TO PIZZA IN THE UTICA AREA!
So USA Today, maybe the next time you're about to shortchange a list, how about you remove your head from your hind-quarters and come to Utica.
You'll also find better Half Moons here too.