Titantic – A Night To Remember
I have always felt a connection to the tragic sinking of the RMS Titanic. I recall learning about it years ago as a kid, watching "NBC Saturday Night at the Movies" presentation of "A Night to Remember", an earlier film about the sinking of the Titanic starring Clifton Webb. Tonight, we remember this event that happened 99 years ago today at the Stanley Theater in a sold-out Townsquare Media event. Our fascination with the Titanic, a supposedly unsinkable ship continues to this day, and I thought you may be interested in some Titanic trivia.
"The supposedly unsinkable RMS Titantic runs into an iceberg in the North Atlantic and begins to sink.
* At approximately what time did the Titanic sink on April in 1912? (2:20am)
* Who got the last lifeboat and was branded a coward? (Bruce Ismay)
* She was called the Unsinkable Molly Brown, what was her first name? (Maggie)
* Name the sister ship of the Titanic that was being build at the same time in Belfast. (Olympic)
* How many ice warnings did the Titanic receive? (six)
* Who said "we're dressed and ready to go down, gentlemen?" (Benjamin Guogenhiem and his manservant)
* How many lifeboats were aboard the Titanic? (16-4 collapsible)
* What was the difference between the Titanic and the Olympic? (Titanic had a closed deck)
* How much was a first class ticket on the Titanic? ($4000)
* How much was a third class ticket on the Titanic? ($35)
* Who discovered the Titanic in 1985? (Dr. Robert Ballard)
* What did the clock stand for at the top of the grand stair case according to Bruce Ismay? (Time and Grace)
* What was the designer of the Titanic last name? (Andrews)
* What does R.M.S. stand for? (Royal Mail Steamship)
* How long was the Titanic? (four city blocks, 852 feet by 92.5 feet)
* At what speed was the Titanic going when it collided with the iceberg? (22 knots)
* What other ship was ten miles from the Titanic and never responded to its calls? (The California)"