Things That Kids Today Never Have To Worry About
We live in an age of ever expanding convenience. What are incredible new advances in technology for me are taken for granted by kids who never knew a world without PC’s, cell phones and apps. When I see some of the conveniences available today I start to wonder if what I call “the good old days” were all that good after all. Here are a few examples of what I’m talking about.
- Typing Complete Words – If your kid is texting, you know that EVERYTHING is abbreviated. For example, why type, “love you” when you can just hit “LY”?
- Missing TV Shows – Kids today never have to go through the torture of missing their favorite TV show. DVRs and Hulu have made watching TV live a thing of the past.
- Paying for Music – In the past decade CDs have become obsolete. Can you imagine there used to be music STORES?
- Spelling Words Correctly – Spell check might have put some English teachers out of business.
- Forgetting a Camera – When was the last time you carried around a 2nd device for taking pictures? Because of all the advances in camera phone technology, point and shoots just aren’t as important as they used to be.
For a full list click BuzzFeed.com
As for the real newbies, those born last year, here is a list of things they will never know.