Things A Mama Does and Doesn’t Know
Mother's Day is this Sunday, and we continue our "Things A Mama Don't Know"contest this week . We ask you to tell us stories of things you did when you were a kid, but didn't tell mom. You could win a $20 gift certificate from Olney's Flowers in Rome. Now, there are some things that your mama may have told you, in the form of advice.
"In a recent survey, iVillage asked, "What was the best advice your mom ever gave you?"
* "You aren't getting anything done just sitting there. You've got to get up and go get it -- a job, success, a glass of soda, whatever -- take charge and just do it!" "Appreciate all the blessings that you receive in life, and don't bemoan the things you can't have."
* "Get an education, once you have it, no one can take it away from you."
* "If a guy really wants to talk to you, he'll call."
* "You can't change someone who doesn't want to change."
* "If you settle for less that's all you're going to get."
* "Stay out of the sun!"