The Incredible Edible Egg
Eggs, they’re not just for breakfast anymore (of course, how would I know, I never eat breakfast). I know I told you the other day it was National Salsa Month, but it’s also National Egg Month! We have a number of egg farms in central New York, so let’s crack up a celebration!
“On average Americans eat 100 eggs per year. Our favorite breakfast: 53 percent say eggs on Sunday morning. And according to the International Egg Commission Hungarian men eat an average of 300 eggs a year. Making them the leading egg consumers in the world.
According to Dr. Beryl West, how you like your eggs reveals a lot about your personality:
* Sunny-side up: You are an optimist and easy going.
* Hard-boiled: You’re a no-nonsense type. You’re quick to form opinions.
* Soft-boiled: You’re gentle, sensitive, neat – but you’re not always easy to please.
* Scrambled: You’re agreeable and very steady. You go with the flow.
* Over easy: You are very precise. You know exactly what you want out of life.
* Poached: You are very orderly – you don’t like to see anything out of its place.
* Omelets: You enjoy taking risks.”