The Books That Shaped America
We read books for all kinds of reasons. We learn from them, we are entertained by them or we simply read them to relax. The Library of Congress has released a list of books that have shaped America as determined by a poll of the general public. Here are the Top 5 courtesy of Huffington Post.
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- The Cat In The Hat by Dr. Seuss
- Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman (Huffington Post)
For a complete look at the list click here.