Summertime, And The Living Is Easy
The "Frog Days of Summer" are well underway, now that most kids are home for summer vacation. Any day now, parents everywhere will hear those two dreaded words from those at-home kids, "I'm bored".
Well, there are a number of things going on in central New York aimed at children, and many that don't cost much or anything at all. Some ideas you might consider for your kids include:
1. Your local public library - That's right, there's a lot more than books to explore at the library and the price is right.
2. Neighborhood Playgrounds - Many neighborhoods still have playgrounds complete with swings, sandboxes and event a playground counselor.
3. Assigned Tasks - Kids often like having a schedule during summer vacation, so parents can give them a few assigned tasks or chores to get done and keep busy.
4. Children's Attractions - There are a number of local and area attractions geared to kids that parents can take their children, such as The Children's Museum in downtown Utica, the Utica Zoo, Enchanted Forest Water Safari in Old Forge, Fort Rickey Children's Discovery Zoo, and so many more (these attractions do charge an admission).
5. When all else fails, there's Grandma's!
And, to check out what's going on in our area, visit our Big Frog 104 Events Page.